Any Point Servicing Boiler?

Fair enough, thanks. I'm pleasantly surprised by the lack of angry condesending replies!

So... even on a 50 quid service I should expect both heat exchangers and the condensate trap to be opened up and cleaned out... are new gaskets needed every time you do that, or can you reuse them?

I ask because if its anything like a car, the gaskets would probably cost 20-30 quid and I can't imagine Mr Gasman walking around with a set of gaskets for every boiler ever made in his van - I imagine the cost of the stock alone would be prohibitive. On the other hand if he sees the boiler, drives to the merchant, gets the gaskets... thats 50 quid of labour gone already!

Sponsored Links
No.. You wouldn't expect the combustion changer to be opened every time any more than you would expect your mechanic to strip down your engine for a service... Similarly your boiler will have various tests that the engineer will carry out to determine if your boiler is healthy or not, he will then act on the information that he has.

I'm not really sure that "Service" is the right word any more either, as if the boiler is healthy, then most of the work to be done are safety checks... As with a car, 50% of the services that it will have are mere oil changes and a good check over and a quick scan of any fault codes..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back