Any products to help trees grow?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have 4 trees all the same, 2 on the right side have flourished, while the 2 on the left side are half the size and struggling.

It's to do with the amount of good soil i have on that side of the garden, so there may not be anything i can do, but are there any products out there that could maybe help?

Sponsored Links
Probably not to be honest. In my experience trees are unusual beasts in so much that their start in life seems to set the tone for the rest of their lives.

Aerating around the roots can help and consistant watering and mulching is a must to get the very best out of young trees.

What are they and how old?

Thanks! they are around 5 years old see attached - They are small evergreen red robins

Tree growing well...

tree1.jpg

Tree growing not so well...

tree2.jpg

tree3.jpg

I wonder if the well ones are getting water from the manhole nearby ?

Sponsored Links
The not so well one looks as if it might effectively be growing in a relatively small pot due to the proximity of the surrounding wall and fence post foundations restricting root growth. Can't see from the picture but it's possible it's in deep shade from the building and fence too. As r896neo says, pay special attention to watering and mulch.

I notice you have slate around the one that's not growing well, is there a weed membrane underneath the slate?. Might be blocking nutrients/water getting to the roots.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back