Any recommendations for cat 6 rj45 connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi any recommendations as to where to buy these for 23awg cat 6a solid cable, looked on Screwfix,Amazon,toolstation with mixed reviews they are for a home network ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I once tried to use these for a mate

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Platinum-Connector-CAT6a-23AWG-Pieces/dp/B07TNC1PKD

I couldn't push the insulation in to the plugs, and hence could not crimp them.

When I, previously asked for advice here, someone suggested using RJ45 face plates and using patch leads to connect them to the switch.

I haven't looked at the job for the last year or two so would be interested to see if someone can recommend plugs which will work.

Edit------- It might not have been those ones, the ones he purchased from Amazon were not pass through.

Plugs to crimp on are usually fitted to stranded cable and solid cable is used between wall sockets/patch panels etc.

If you need cables to connect between router/computer etc I usually just buy them ready made as they are cheap enough. But avoid any cables that say CCA or don't say what the conductors are made of.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back