Any regs for max toilets/Ensuites on a 4inch run

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Is there a reg that states x amount of bathrooms (ensuites shower, basin & toilet) that a 4 inch newly installed soil pipe can take. I have planning approval for a extension but am now accommodating extra ensuites. I have started to try and work out the runs and as it stands all 6 will end up terminating onto a new 4 inch soil pipe run under the floor of the exsiting structure with the last 3.6m or so under the new rear extension. Obviously adequate access applies for rodding and the regulation fall will be followed.

PS one kitchen will also be on the same run.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes there are regulations that cover installation of new soil pipes & maximum length of unvented branch connections; basically this is the document you need to follow;
http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/uploads/br/BR_PDF_ADH_2002.pdf

There are also a whole host of other Building Regs. you need to be aware of when constructing rooms with a w/c.
http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/england/professionals/buildingregs/technicalguidance/

Having Planning Permission is only ½ the story; the work your doing as well as your whole new extension will be subject to a Building Regulations submission (fee involved), several inspections at various stages of construction & maybe even witnessing leakage tests.

Thanks for the document, seems like 8 is the max so fine there. Yes I am aware that building regs are required and the asscoiated inspections during the build. Have yet to have a leakage test requested but never say never.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back