Any Views on Vaillant ecoTEC Plus combination boiler

Sponsored Links
Go for the 831 0ver the 824 if you're sticking to the plus, you will notice the difference. You can also get a 28 kw version in the ecotec pro range

Hi, Just to provide an update and close this off. I've just had the ecoTec 831 fitted. Got the Honeywell CMT927 fitted at the same time. So far very pleased, though we've only used the DHW in anger.

Thanks to all for your contributions. Now I can get back to sorting out my Burglar Alarm.

Regards,

Benny.

Sponsored Links
When I am asked to replace a part based on some one else's diagnosis I require to be paid with cash BEFORE I start.

A lady in Shepherds Bush who worked for the BBC actually apologised when I replaced the pump instead of the asked for PCB and it was a cheaper repair for her!

I always ask why the person who diagnosed the fault does not want to do the repair! Amazingly it often turns out they are actually builders!

Tony

Thanks for posting back and a good decision, and tony I love your like a nice old uncle, but please stop talking as most u say is ******

Good! You are starting to see some sense!

You can repair your old boiler and the chances it will run for another few years.

Or you can replace it with a heat only boiler for about £1500.

You could use an Intergas heat only which can run on an UNPRESSURISED system!

It is also pretty impervious to dirt in the system as its heat exchanger is similar to 22 mm tubing.

It will give you a gas saving of about £125 a year too.

And keep your rapid hot water flow!

No brainer really!

Tony
Where do you get rapid hot water flow from ? You've never been to the house , the flow from my 837 is better than from my vented cylinder in my old house I can run a bath , granted not at 60c (not needed anyway),at a temp suitable that a human can actually get in and quicker than I could wi my vented cyl and that was a 22mm feed , also has he not said he showers mainly which is electric ? A combi will suit fine from what I've read , as for price I can't / won't comment as again nobody knows what's been quoted for , so can't accurately comment , I personally would have Unvented hot water and a heat only however it's not nessacary it's what I prefer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back