Any way to Glue letter plate onto PVC door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

a strange request I’m sure... but I’ve recently used some of that fancy FrenChic paint to paint my uPVC. To my surprise It actually came out very nice.

I know want to change my letter box but the boxes from screwfix/toolstation don’t look great.

they do sell victorian style spring letter plates, but these are usually bolted into place by drilling a hole from the inside, which isn’t practical with a UPVC door.

I was thinking about glueing it into place. Is there any decent glue that will reliably hold the metal plate onto a UPVC door?

Will the No More Nails Stuff do the trick?

this is the letter plate I’m thinking about https://www.screwfix.com/p/victorian-letter-plate-polished-chrome-250-x-75mm/44774

thanks

Sponsored Links
Get a roll of the sticky pad stuff they use to stick the interior mirror to the windscreen in a car. Halfords do it on a roll and it can be bought on Ebay on a roll too.

I would not use no more nails as it is quite thick and would make letter box sit proud.
I would use some blobs of Araldite glue.
SFK

Sponsored Links
Why's that then?

usually on a wooden door the hole is cut clean. So the inside can be left blank (almost blank because you’ll still have the two nuts that’s holding the Outside letter box in place).

my UPVC door hole is already cut and not very neat, plus the inside has a inside draught type letter box already in place which I do not want to remove.

usually on a wooden door the hole is cut clean. So the inside can be left blank (almost blank because you’ll still have the two nuts that’s holding the Outside letter box in place).

my UPVC door hole is already cut and not very neat, plus the inside has a inside draught type letter box already in place which I do not want to remove.
So it’s more that you don’t want to do it correctly rather than can’t ?

So it’s more that you don’t want to do it correctly rather than can’t ?

Guess so. But also, all listings of letter plate in the style I linked above state that they are only suitable for wood door. So I guess i am going against their advice anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back