Anyone bought a loft ladder from wickes?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought the one which is three way extending and tried to look at the instructions.

Cant believe that stupid plonkers are allowed to compose manuals for 1st time fitters. I aint a pro and the packaging on the ladder shows its an "easyfit".

Bludy understatment of the year or what!!!

The instructions have so far taken me 1 and a half hours to understand on paper and I havent even started fitting it.

They really should get instruction manuls tested by a normal person that has never fitted a loft ladder before and see if he/she can fit it. If that person can easily do so without having to drive themsleves crazy just understanding the instructions, only then should it be printed and circulated.

Disgusted by the wickes loft ladder - cant believe nerdy muppets who make the damn things are allowed to write an instruction manual for them.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps it was made in the far east and translated there? Have you seen the website www.engrish.com. There are some howlers on there.

Is it this one ?
ladder-prodeck.jpg

Sponsored Links
Never seen anyone growing shrubs in their loft beore, other than the sort you grow under hot halogen lights:cool:

Oppps :oops: Funny loft ladder isn't it, must read the small print :D

They really should get instruction manuls tested by a normal person that has never fitted a loft ladder before and see if he/she can fit it. If that person can easily do so without having to drive themsleves crazy just understanding the instructions, only then should it be printed and circulated.

Everyones abilities vary, I fitted one of these and found it a easy, just don't take up a career in loft access.

yeah to be honest though i dont think ANYONE should tackle a loft ladder installation (especially one that requires cutting of the hatch) unless they're confident in their DIY skills...

To just buy one and think 'i can fit that' when you have just a pozi screwdriver and a hammer in your toolbox maybe isnt the best idea.
In the end i bought a telesteps and it arrived this morning.. looks fairly easy :D

Yeah, the instructions from Youngman aint all that.
Pretty sure the online instruction guide is better

Cant believe that stupid plonkers are allowed to compose manuals for 1st time fitters. I aint a pro and the packaging on the ladder shows its an "easyfit".

Never trust anything that says easyfit on the box

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back