Anyone bought a makita LXT on e-bay?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
need to get a new drill and ideally an impact driver as well. I can get the 18v makita LXT combi and impact (a few mates have them and they seem to be very good and light) for about 260 quid on e-bay from the states as opposed to prabably almost 500 in the UK. I know the charger will be 110v but that's fine on a site. Just wondered how i would spot a fake? makita reckons that there are alot of fakes about but is this just to stop people buying from other countries and swerving their huge mark up in the UK? I know the US makita stuff is made in china but thought the UK stuff was made in japan?

Has anyone bought one or have any knowledge on this?

cheers,
B.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the link but i can get the impact driver as well for the 260 from the states. I think the body only impact is about 150 quid here. Was also thinking of waiting for a tool fair. Think ITS is doing one in september. Anyone know if there are bargains to be had there?

B.

Sponsored Links
need to get a new drill and ideally an impact driver as well. I can get the 18v makita LXT combi and impact (a few mates have them and they seem to be very good and light) for about 260 quid on e-bay from the states as opposed to prabably almost 500 in the UK. I know the charger will be 110v but that's fine on a site. Just wondered how i would spot a fake? makita reckons that there are alot of fakes about but is this just to stop people buying from other countries and swerving their huge mark up in the UK? I know the US makita stuff is made in china but thought the UK stuff was made in japan?

Has anyone bought one or have any knowledge on this?

cheers,
B.

Don't buy on ebay mate. You may be lucky I have met couple of thieves . One has done me. When things go wrong first to wash hands is ebay followed by paypal. It's not worth the hassle. There are plenty of net retailers out there selling good gear some cheaper than ebay.

Buying from shop or net retailer you have comeback should there be any problems. I am stuck with item and paypal are deliberately hanging on to my refund. Cannot do anything until I get refunded. I am not sure whether I'll be refunded. Ebay and paypal are a heaven for theives.

hes probably bought it buy now though seeing as he asked the question last year

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back