Makita Batteries

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
The way this thing eats batteries id need those Six holders full and a few more for a days work:ROFLMAO:
we need to remember tools are now nearing mains power
if we assume the saw is perhaps 350w at 18v
a 5ah battery holds 5x18x 60 =5400watts for a minute so on full power for 15.8 mins or assuming perhaps 15% power losses 13.5 mins
now i dont know the actual power used or losses but gives you an idea

Last edited:
Thanks for that, I've found the specs on the saw, its rated at 570 watts and 5ah battery is 90 watt hour.
times that by 60 to get to watts for minute and as i say contains 5400wm[watts for a minute] so you would expect sub 10 mins on heavy sawing or perhaps 3-5 times as much on stop start lighter stuff

Last edited:
times that by 60 to get to watts for minute and as i say contains 5400wm[watts for a minute] so you would expect sub 10 mins on heavy sawing or perhaps 3-5 times as much on stop start lighter stuff
Thats interesting , I'm getting less than 10 mins cutting from thumb to wrist thickness branches

Probably correct the absolute best you can get is 9.47 mins [5400div by 570]
you can loose say 10-15% transmission/ conversion losses
and say your batteries are 5 years old another 20% through age so down to perhaps 6.5mins

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back