Anyone ever come across this??

L

longdogs

Had to fit a couple of isolation valves today on a hand basin. It had seperate hot and cold taps and a seperate central mixer spout. Underneath were the usual tap tails with tap connectors. Both tap tails connected to the central spout. Both tails also had another thread teed off which connected the hot and the cold taps together via a plastic tube which was about a metre long and was tucked in nicely behind the pedestal. Am I insane or was this just some DIY bodge? Anyone ever seen this?

Sponsored Links
You can orderr your basin with 3 tap holes, for the purpose.

Sponsored Links
three hole basins in the house of commons?i think you must of mistook that for the house of lords :p

Hi,

I'm easily confused, and this did the trick alright.

Does each tap have two tails, one connected to the supply, and the other feeding the central mixer?

Does the teed off connector - the plastic pipe - join the two tails feeding the central mixer?

At the moment I have no idea, except that is might be some sort of attempt to mix the hot/cold flow before it gets to the central spout. As mixers don't mix any more you can still get scalded in the 'mixed' flow.

Rgds.

to be honest, I can't remember now. I was glad to get away from the little buggers. Each tap appeared to have three connections. The tube did not connect to the spout but connected the hot to the cold. Someone told me today that they have seen similar in old folks homes. It mixes the hot and and a little cold to stop them scalding themselves. I would have thought that it would be illegal now as a drop in mains pressure ( it was connected to mains ) would suck in the hot. Could not see any non-return valves.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back