Anyone fitted an Ideal Standard Create Offset Corner Bath?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just had the above mentioned bath installed by a bathroom fitter and it looks like there's been a bit of a cock-up! Just wondered if anyone has fitted one of these and encountered any problems.

The legs appear to have been installed incorrectly and they haven't allowed sufficient height for the bath panel. The bathroom has been completed before "the penny dropped". I feel sick to the stomach because I fear they are going to say they've got to take the whole lot out to fix things properly or they will offer a "bodge". Whole bathroom is tiled with expensive tiles. We have the "over the bath" screens all fitted (they form a complete shower enclosure)and everything is up and running. It is a small bathroom with no room to swing a cat so the chances of them getting everything out without causing damage is slim. The bath was installed before they built the new stud wall so they wont be able to get the bath out anyway. I really don't know what to do. The bath panel is not suitable for trimming down, without it looking horrible. Anyone who has fitted this particular one will know what I mean. Am I the only person who has one of these baths? I have Googled for problems but nothing mentioned.........

Amelia

Sponsored Links
Trupty. Those instructions are for the Create Corner Bath not the Idealform Plus Create Corner Bath, which is stronger and has a different leg set and instructions.

If you have to cut 25mm off the panel (and you are advised not to by IS) it ruins the way it fits. This particular panel has a curved edge top & bottom. I am not happy to have a "bodge" but I can't see any way around this apart from starting again. Because the leg set isn't fixed correctly the bath creaks and doesn't feel rigid - the very thing that the Idealform Plus range boast (and for the price we paid, I expect!)

Ideal Standard get in a muddle over the different leg sets and installation instructions for this range, so there's no hope for the rest of us! We (installer, supplier & customer) had 3 different lots of advice from their Customer Care Line.

Sponsored Links
Oh dear, its annoying to say the least when jobs go wrong to the customer and plumber. Whats your installer say? Is he/she a big firm? or a one man band?

If the bath wasn't fixed in properly why did the job carry on? Whats the floor constructed of under the bath?

They are a local bathroom company, using self employed tradesmen.

Floor under bath is 8mm ply.

We hadn't realised that the feet hadn't been fitted properly until we found that the support legs for outer rim hadn't been installed. Initially it was thought that Ideal Standard hadn't sent the complete leg set but we think the installers realised that they hadn't fitted legs in correct place which meant the support legs then wouldn't fit properly. We believe they got rid of the support legs, hoping we hadn't noticed. I would like to think we are wrong, but I fear this is not the case. The bath panel couldn't be fitted until the leg problem was sorted which has given us time to poke around and check the work underneath. I really feel sick to the stomach that my lovely new bathroom is going to be pulled to bits to put this right. I have waited a very long time for this and I am very upset at the prospect.

I wish we had employed someone else more competent but it's easy to be wise after the event.
Amelia

Was the panel on site at the time the bath was fitted so the fitters could measure it.
Did you tell them of your flooring intentions so they could allow enough room.
Have you spoke to them to actually ask why they didn't fit the supports or have you just gone straight into a blind panic.
Nearly all bath panels require scribing or cutting to suit the floor unless your one of the lucky few that has a perfectly level floor so the gap between floor and bath is actually even all the way along.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back