Anyone got any tips for feeding cable in conduit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, has anyone got any tips for feeding 2x 2.5mm (Twin & Earth) cables down 20mm conduit?

Is there some substance which makes this process easier like washing up liquid? What do the pros do? I found it easier to do this before attaching the conduit in the wall, but I still struggled with pushing the pair of cables through.

Cheers

Gary

Sponsored Links
GaryMonster said:
Is there some substance which makes this process easier like washing up liquid? What do the pros do? I found it easier to do this before attaching the conduit in the wall, but I still struggled with pushing the pair of cables through.

You can get cable lube in a spray can from any electrical wholesalers. Washing up liquid will do the job but may have adverse effects on the PVC sheathing over time. But the real reason you're having difficulty is that T + E isn't designed for installation in conduit and it's a real b**ger to get round bends.

the thing with singles is you have to use conduit all the way

strictly speaking you shouldn’t be putting 2 x 2.5mmsq cable down conduit in the first place 45% spacing factor. A minor issue here really.

Sponsored Links
Attach a rubber hose to a vacuum cleaner and push it against one end of the conduit. Offer up the end of a nylon cord the other and allow it to be drawn through. Once it is threadled all the way, tie it to your cable and pull it.

Use 25mm conduit with T & E or use singles with 20.

You are opening the bends etc to allow you to draw each section in individually, not all in one????

20mm conduit is too tight to allow two t+e cables down it safely - read the cable factors in the on-site guide carefully.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back