Cable and conduit help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i'm just starting out and looking to clear up a few things. Can i run 2.5mm twin and earth through conduit for a fused spur, i know about my cable calculations and have looked through the onsite guide but it just seems to refer to running single core cables in conduit. Just wondering with the added pvc insulation on twin and earth if there are any adjustments that need to be made or am i just calculating the size for 2x 2.5 mm cables and 1x 1.5 mm cable?.

Sponsored Links
you might be wondering why not just run single core cable through, it's because i'm penniless at the min and have plenty of 2.5 twin and earth.

no takers on this one tonight it might be a thick question i've just never done it befor always run single core cable through conduit and twin in wall or under boards in this case both are a problem and just wanted to check it out.

no takers on this one tonight it might be a thick question i've just never done it befor always run single core cable through conduit and twin in wall or under boards in this case both are a problem and just wanted to check it out.

Sponsored Links
its an odd one its going to be along the ceiling, sounds daft but where you would put coveing and down the wall to a double socket its for a fused spur to a tv.

its an odd one its going to be along the ceiling, sounds daft but where you would put coveing and down the wall to a double socket its for a fused spur to a tv.
Well, first of all you could just clip the cable behind the coving.
In answer to your original question - there is no reason you can't use T+E in conduit - just pointless and remember the conduit must be in place first so that you can feed the cable through or remove later - awkward with T+E

Can you not bury the cable in the wall or use trunking?

Cables must be run in the approved safe zones and be RCD protected if not visible.

covings not actually going up thats just where i was going to put the plastic conduit its in a gym and the ceilings are fairly high up and its about a 5 meter run so just looking at the easiest way to do the job. there are a few large gym machines along the wall so access is a bit of a problem for chasing but i could get the trunking up there. can imagine what you mean about feeding the cable through but think it might be the only way i can get it done.

Thanks for the help with this one.

No doubt i'll be back.

No doubt i'll be back.
You'd be welcome to come back, but please have some patienece This is not a free service public manned by people who are paid to give an immediate response. Pop a polite question on here and you may (or may not) get some free help.

9:30pm o'clock on a Saturday night is likely to be the time to get NO attention. Most people are out down the pub....

So please don't push it.

Also, if you want to add something, use the EDIT button.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back