Anyone heard of a company called Elegant? (showers and bathrooms)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for shower doors and was about to spend £300 when I saw this company, Elegant-based in UK, selling what seems to be a decent set for £150.

Anyone heard of them?

Sponsored Links
Reviews are very mixed. Positive 5 star ones have non specific content........

Sponsored Links
Exploding shower screen time... Worth the £150 saving over something with a British Standard??

I would agree with you all, seems iffy. Worth noting that they specifically say that glass isn't covered by the 'lifetime' warranty.

As it happens, I was in Wickes getting some pipe and I noticed a shower door ( still in it's box and wrapped) that had been returned as it was "not required due to change of plan" by the buyer. £255 down to £100, so I grabbed it. Whether it fits or not is another matter, it is going to be right on the line at 1165mm which is the same as the recess width.

As these doors are a 'slot fit' regarding the frame to the wall profile, is there any additional wiggle room to be gained by shaving some of the frame profile down, even by a mm or so?

...As these doors are a 'slot fit' regarding the frame to the wall profile, is there any additional wiggle room to be gained by shaving some of the frame profile down, even by a mm or so?

I've just fitted a bi-fold door to a nominal 860mm aperture, its spec read 850 - 890 mm fitment. Of course the tiles weren't straight! Neither was the stud wall to one side, so minimum measurement was 848mm. As you (the OP) suggested, taking a file to the inner frame made it possible to fit it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back