Anyone heard of or used the Aqua Bion water softener?

because it keeps the bathroom cleaner, towels softer, uses less soap and washing powder, leaves the skin smoother and the hair soft and shiny, makes it more comfortable to shave, prevents limescale in the WC and around taps, prevenys soap scum, keeps the washing machine clean, makes it simple to sponge clean windows, mirrors and stainless kitchen appliances without leaving watermarks...

need I go on?

Sponsored Links
because it keeps the bathroom cleaner, towels softer, uses less soap and washing powder, leaves the skin smoother and the hair soft and shiny, makes it more comfortable to shave, prevents limescale in the WC and around taps, prevenys soap scum, keeps the washing machine clean, makes it simple to sponge clean windows, mirrors and stainless kitchen appliances without leaving watermarks...

need I go on?

Yeah I know all of those plus points but when I was looking into buying on myself I couldn't justify the purchase cost and yearly maintenance cost for something which has an average 10 year life span :D

I import the Aquabion so would like to clarify a few things.

1. Is doesn't put a charge on anything so the reaction doesn't ware out.
2. Any of you can give your email address and get the case studies and test results. Yes you will get other emails from me but you can unsubscribe at any time if you don't like the emails. Spam is a company sending you emails who you have had no dealings with.
3. The units should be replaced after 7 years, not 5-7.
4. Salt based softeners put Sodium into the water because the technology is ion exchange. So only part of the salt goes into the water. This will only be dangerous if you should be on a low sodium diet and you don't know it. The amount of sodium depends on how hard your water is.
5. You can try the shower unit out which only takes 1 minute to install before the shower hose. It doesn't work as well as the main units but you will see the difference. Of course you will need to clean your shower to see the difference as Aquabion units doesn't dissolve hardened deposits. That is covered by a 1 year money back guarantee so you have nothing to loose.

I am happy to answer any genuine questions publicly.

but real softened water affects the neural synapses in the brain :eek:

rubbish.
I KNOW it`s rubbish - I just made it up :LOL: . And I got a new old stock softener from a merchants sale for under £200 - probably about £250 fitted :mrgreen: In fact I languished in my jacuzzi bath this morning in my refurbished bathroom that cost £500 - total . I just love those merchants that clear out old stock

Sponsored Links
I import the Aquabion so would like to clarify a few things.

1. Is doesn't put a charge on anything so the reaction doesn't ware out.

- As an importer of the technology you seem a bit confused - According to marketing material it works on principle of sacrificial anodic, anodes are designed to wear out? To quote aquabion.com website "It functions on the basis of galvanic process technology and by means of a sacrificial anode made of zinc"

Of course the bit that claims to make it work "the sacrificial anode" is used in other products. Looks like Aquabion has patented the wheel, just 100 years to late!

3. The units should be replaced after 7 years, not 5-7.

- You contradict yourself see your point 1 and read your point 2

5. You can try the shower unit out which only takes 1 minute to install before the shower hose. It doesn't work as well as the main units but you will see the difference. Of course you will need to clean your shower to see the difference as Aquabion units doesn't dissolve hardened deposits. That is covered by a 1 year money back guarantee so you have nothing to loose.

- So you need to "clean your shower" to quote YOU the importer "..as Aquabion units doesn't dissolve hardened deposits.."

- So what's the point of buying one if according to YOU the importer "..it doesn't dissolve hardened deposits.."

I am happy to answer any genuine questions publicly.
:rolleyes: confused.com :rolleyes:

Been researching solutions and was going down the route of the twin tank salt block systems, but these cost around £750+ with annual running costs of £60+

The aqua bion has no running costs and should last 5-7 years and is about half the cost of the twin tank unit...

http://aquabion-uk.com

The Aquabion water conditioner system is based on a proven patented technology, with an international track record of successful installations in a wide range of domestic and industrial situations. The system uses zinc sacrificial anodes that release zinc ions which react with calcium to form aragonite. Thus preventing limescale buildup and forming a thin protective layer. There is no other product on the market which can use this technology and there have been many independent tests which confirm that Aquabion is safe and highly effective.

Water treated by the Aquabion water conditioner is perfectly drinkable and still includes all the essential minerals that occur naturally.

According to the WRAS listing for this fitting "IRN R290 Schedule 2: 26 & 27 It is recommended that a drinking water tap shall be provided upstream of this fitting."

IRN R290 Schedule 2: 26 & 27

In accordance with schedule 2 paragraph 27 of the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, Scottish Water Byelaws 2004 in Scotland, a drinking water tap shall be installed upstream of this fitting.
However, if it can be demonstrated that the water once it has passed through this water fitting remains wholesome and meets national standards, water suppliers may not require the installation of a drinking water tap upstream of this water fitting.
[/i]

SO question is - has Aquabion or their importer gained accreditation for demonstrating that the water is still potable after treatment and where is said accreditation

All gone quiet now lol, conditioner and softener are completely different. They can't call theirs a softener because it isn't, looks like another load of ******

I can back up Aquabion in the results. I have taken on a service contract looking after a Rinnai HD50i water heater. The company that originally installed the unit, did so without a water softener in a hard water area. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

18 months later, the heat exchanger gave in to scale. Could be different now, but back then, Rinnai only guaranteed their water heaters in hard water areas if they were correctly installed with specific Aquabion units, one on the incoming supply and another slightly different unit on the recirc (if installed with recirculation). Original company replaced the failed heat exchanger and installed two Aquabions.

4 years after the Aquabions were installed, the second heat exchanger is going strong.

James.

I know that this thread is a few years old but a plumbers merchants recommended the AquaBion to me today. I have spent some time browsing their website (LINK) and have viewed some of the videos.

I just wondered if anyone has any recent experience of these devices?

Says it uses zinc sacrificial anodes - which rings all sorts of bells for me of those bags of zinc pellets which you dropped into your classic car to make it (apparantly) lead free fuel capable.

That was never proved, beyond recommendations from some small scale user groups, perhaps the idea has been recycled now for plumbing applications.

If I was after such a solution, I would feel safer going the CombiMate route.

The device apparently works.... but with the caveat that you're left with a white powder residue that easily washes off. As opposed to scale that sticks like a woman does to a pointless argument just for the sake of making your life a misery :D

Whether the benefits are worth the hefty price tag is another matter. I've only seen one in the field and i know it will cause problems as it won't do what it is intended.

But for non stored water situations then i see the merits.

Salt softener if possible. Then a Combi Mate; then something like this.

Just IMHO.

All of these products (magnetic/electrolytic) start their spiel with "this magic product works by..."

None of them address "Does it work?"

my granny wears a copper bangle to ward off rheumatism.

It works in the same way as a magic water conditioner.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back