Manco direct cylinder replace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so the last time I had to replace the elements (3+ years ago) on this unit I noticed a thick layer of limescale debris at the bottom which I hovered as much out as possible without removing the tank. The unit has never had the sacrificial anode replaced as the cylinder had been fitted in a tight space and would require taking lumps out of walls to get to, I was going to hover and descale the cylinder but fear this would a risky prospect.
So being that Manco stopped production over 20years ago I am going for a cylinder replacement and a water tank cleanout.

The cylinder is a copper Manco direct cylinder grade 3 900 x 450 Ref 7 and the system is vented with a 210 litre tank precariously supported above. Am going to use Fernox DS3 on the tank and pipework after a hover out.
What I am looking for recommendations on is limescale reduction options for the water in, best stainless steel cylinder that will be direct change over? Or if copper at least the anode to be near the elements or pipe so its at least assesable?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back