Anyone know of any kitchen manufacturers/ suppliers.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
that use high density chipboard for their cabinet construction?Obviously a much better material than the standard Low or medium density chipboard but what infuriates me is that none of the main manufacturers make any mention of using what to me is a common sense material ( HDC) as it clearly would last much longer and hold screws in better.I would not mind paying a bit more even though I cannot see why the price differential should be particularly great given that the manufacturing process must be fairly similar and the materials used shouldnt differ that much..To my mind a good kitchen start with the cabinets and their construction so a panel that resembles wheatabix is best avoided

Sponsored Links
a future option might be a painted solid pine one as supplied by Pineland but I would be concerned about the possibility of the wood warping .Particle board makes more sense but to my mind only does so if the boards used are of the densest varieties and the screws do the job they are meant to .So far none of the major manufacturers fill me with any confidence .My next kitchen must last me 20 years and more without niggly issues

Had standard kitchen cupboards which I installed 20 years ago , no problems with them, only removed to rebuild kitchen extension.

Sponsored Links
My kitchen came with Oak cabinets as in the carcass is made of engineered oak so people do make them. Not a clue where my kitchen guy got them from though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back