Anyone know the name of this type of Frosted glass ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to replace some frosted glass that matches some from our front door, however cannot find it any idea's ???

glass.jpg

Thanks all

glass.jpg

Sponsored Links
I work in the glass industry and thats not one that I recognise as being available as part of a standard range, however it does look like a ' glue chip ' design. Notr sure if they are available in the UK , but if you have a local manufacturer of Stained glass products ( more overly the type that use self adhesive lead and film , as a traditional manufacturer won't use toughened/tempered glass which is what you will require for your front door by law) , they may have a ' film ' that could be adhered to the glass replicating that design. I have a feeling that we do have a similiar ' film ' but couldn't guarantee a perfect match

First things first, where did the door come from, did you have it fitted/was it already in?

It doesnt appear in any of my Pilkington brochures nor any of the Saint Gobain stuff i have, however it does look familiar to me. Trouble is over the last 5 or 10 years we've seen more and more funky designs coming over from China, a lot of door outlets buy pre cut and toughened glass from China often having 10 or more designs for each door so customers choose a door then pick the glass to go with it, try and buy the replacement glass on its own though.......thats after you find where it came from originally

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back