Anyone know what BTU rating my boiler is ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

Just started a new project converting the garage into a play room and I wish to add another radiator to the room. Before i do I need to know if my boiler can take an extra rad.

I have an old Potterton Flamingo 50s gas boiler which hasnt missed a beat since moving in 4yrs ago. Anyone know what BTU rating this boiler is as I have searched the net and come up blank.

Many thanks in advance

ThAA

Sponsored Links
Many thanks

Checking out my rads sizes I appear to be using nearly 30000 BTU so the addition of a 600 x 800 single vained rad shouldnt be a problem :)

ThAA

ThAA said:
Many thanks

Checking out my rads sizes I appear to be using nearly 30000 BTU so the addition of a 600 x 800 single vained rad shouldnt be a problem :)

ThAA

When extending the heating system and the boiler may not cope in the worse case scenario of maybe -3c outside, install more insulation in the loft and draft proof. This makes all the difference. It should be done anyway in any house.

Your system is designed to run with the boiler stat "full on" at 82C. So, make sure it is full on in winter. You can throttle back in Summer and Autumn.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back