Anyone know where I can buy Laminates?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to finish three large cupboard doors 200cm x 80cm in a uniform high gloss white finish and thought that the best way to do this would be to buy sheets of a laminate and trim and glue them to the existing doors.

Firstly does anyone know if such a product exists and what sort of thicknesses they come in and also where I could buy them?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Any good timber supplier will be able to get hold of sheet laminate. Do a search for "formica". It comes in 10ft x4ft sheets and expect to pay about £100 per sheet. Heres a link to my lacal board supplier. Cut slightly oversize, use contact adhesive to stick it to the door and then trim to size with a block plane or flush trimming bit in a router if you have one. It's about 1mm thick.

http://www.richardrussell.co.uk/view_stock.cfm?sec=13

Jason

Thanks for the reply Jason. I live in SE London so I may even use Richard Russell anyway.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Try brent plastics they have a massive range they are somewhere in North London, Wilesden I think. Their number is 020 8451 0100. They will deliver too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back