Anyone recently bought good loo to use with saniflo?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm struggling a bit on this. Bought an Ideal Standard "Tempo" which looked ideal (no pun intended..) but it actually isn't particularly good mainly because of the inaccessible spigot and difficulty with extending outlet.

I think best really is a pan where the outlet/spigot is visible from a side view so accessible to jubilee clip the saniflo rubber boot directly on to the macerator.

I removed an old Armitage Shanks pan with it's massive deep and wide cistern meaning plenty space beneath for the saniflo. The modern toilets all having small slim cisterns isn't great. Less room below cistern.

Anyone bought a loo lately for this with good clearance behind the pan/below the cistern?

Got my eye on this from B&Q but it’s cistern won’t sit against wall to tune of about 20mm

Thanks

Attachments

• 74867CE4-567C-45D9-A6BB-5FBDAF39DC9F.jpeg
    74867CE4-567C-45D9-A6BB-5FBDAF39DC9F.jpeg
    139.8 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
+30mm wooden baton behind the cistern, tile it or something to make a shelf from.

Yes I was thinking that might be a decent plan but also maybe avoidable. I did actually see tiling it as a good idea too. Suggestion appreciated though.

The ideal standard Tempo (pic) was good but there ended up a very short extension required which would’ve firstly needed fixed on the pan side. This might’ve been ok if the rubber boot on the macerator was designed to go on second. It was looking awkward unfortunately

Attachments

• C95D7ABD-27D7-493F-9B41-B1BC026E025E.png
    C95D7ABD-27D7-493F-9B41-B1BC026E025E.png
    140.3 KB · Views: 218
I believe McAlpine do a pan connecter that is secured to the pan with a metal jubilee clip and it can be cut to length then the Saniflo rubber boot is secured to it also with a jubilee clip so it would be totally leakproof and secure.

Sponsored Links
Thanks I’ll take a look. Tbh though the problem was needing an extension but it needing to be so short the saniflo rubber connection was almost too long. Tricky to describe but as I said, awkward!

Thanks I’ll take a look. Tbh though the problem was needing an extension but it needing to be so short the saniflo rubber connection was almost too long. Tricky to describe but as I said, awkward!
On pans such as yours I have had to cut it back to just over the width of the jubilee clip.

Good to know. Thanks for your help on it. I’ll give keeping the Tempo pan another bit consideration before changing it. It is one with good clearance under cistern

Don’t talk to me about Wickes ones, just lugged one home only to discover a vertical line on the diagram was actually the back of the pan when I thought it was a dimension marking.

Also tbh the pan was right wobbly on 18mm ply floor so not great.

C2BBC94D-27C3-45D0-8D33-E44821EF3F46.jpeg
Just to update incase of interest to anyone else. I did do a LOT of looking at what might suit well to use with a macerator and this new B&Q “teesta” is a good one

I’d have probably preferred a known make but it’s a rimless with soft close seat at £125 so not much to complain about. It is ideal with an accessible spigot, good clearance under cistern and nice modern look. I decided to ditch the sanipro I had for a new sanislim but either way this toilet is decent for macerator use.

https://www.diy.com/departments/goo...let-with-soft-close-seat/3663602690504_BQ.prd

Took the time to post today with the intention of helping others (anyone who may be on the look out for a pan that works well with a macerator) so I find the comedy a bit misjudged, particularly from regular contributors who should understand good intentions. Never mind. I'm glad if my post gave a you both a laugh.

Apart from one incidence around 12 years ago I've had almost 20 years trouble free use of a Saniflo draining an en-suite shower, WC and WHB. I find the knocking of them a bit bizarre when they can provide a fantastic solution where drainage is nigh on impossible to achieve normally.

Pumps are more widely used than ever in plumbing with for example condensate pumps being needed for boilers and pumped wastes for level access showers etc. I do see the potential hazards of macerators but they are also massively useful in certain circumstances.

It's just that sort of forum regarding macerators silver, toilet humour and all that.

Lighten up fellas. It's all a bit of banter. Especially when you've had to clear a few out... Your own $hit don't stink and all that!

:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back