Anyone recommend a decent tap spanner?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have got an adjustable tap spanner which you can flip over one way to tighten and the other way to loosen a nut. But this tool drives me mad. It keeps starting to pivot while I'm trying to loosen a nut, so then it slips off the nut. Also, the other issue with it is that the tool head is quite large, so it will not fit into small spaces, such as up inside the moulded part of a wash hand basin underneath where the taps are.

The tommy bar thing doesn't seem to be large enough either! I can't get enough force on it. The tool has done my head in on so many jobs.

I bought another type but this doesn't seem to work and seems even worse. There doesn't seem to be much on the market.

I know most people can probably manage but I am really struggling here. If you have a recommendation or just a tip, please let me know!

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back