Recommend a tap spanner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody recommend a decent tap back nut spanner?

Like all tools, some will be better than others.

Sponsored Links
Same as Mike above,

But I think he was talking about the Armeg Jaw Dropper

Rico

Sponsored Links
Rico, yep thats the one, Used it many times. Has 1/2" and 3/4" (basins & baths)

Bearhug set - http://www.bes.co.uk/products/203.asp[/QUOTE]

Don't buy the Bearhug set. They are a waste of money according another guy who bought them. They are too big to fit in the tight space of most basins. Anyone who fits taps will know there is sometimes barely enough space for the backnut! Bearhugs are too big.

Monument do another new tool called 'stiffnuts' no jokes please. It is like a big spark plug spanner. The prob is that it only works over the tail so is no good once its piped up.

htgeng - don't believe everything you have been told until you try one yourself. It's true they are bigger than your standard basin wrench and ideally you'd have both in your tool kit. However if I only had to have one I'd have a bearhug. Far easier to use and a more positive fit that doesn't slip when adjusted properly.

The only time I've had to resort to using a standard basin wrench is with very small basins, which yes was too small for the bearhug

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back