17mm ring spanner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend a good quality 17mm ring spanner for changing tap cartridges. With good leverage etc. I know cheap tools/spanners are not worth it. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Halfords will have what you need - professional or diy range too.
Laser tools are also fine, there are countless other makes!
John

I like Draper Expert. Must have had my current 2 sets about 20 years, used daily when I was in engineering up to about 3-4 years ago. Still get used quite often now I am semi-retired and no damage to them, such as chipped chrome, jaw wear etc.

Sponsored Links
As a 17mm spanner is likely to be a meaty piece of kit, then 'quality' is not likely to such a problem.
For 15 years as an oil technician, I used a set of Workzone from Aldi and the only deterioration has been the holding rack! Likewise I have a set of the same make ratchet ring/open end spanners and they have stood the test of time with hammer use to free inlet elbows in Aga burners.

Can anyone recommend a good quality 17mm ring spanner for changing tap cartridges. With good leverage etc. I know cheap tools/spanners are not worth it. Thanks
Shouldn't be a problem finding one, 17mm is nut AF for an M10 bolt. You might want to consider a single-hexagon type if there's any chance of rounding the thing off.

Buy well buy once - get a high quality chrome vanadium spanner. Halfords Advanced tools are probably the easiest to find locally and have a lifetime guarantee, either a combination or ring

Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back