taps that move

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have fitted to sink taps in the bath, they work fine, but after about 2 weeks the whole tap now moves when you turn them off/on.
The back nuts are as tight as I can get them the tap turns along with the flexi pipes.
Any help.
ps the tap tool (wicks) the one that looks like a huge bike spanner does'nt fit either bath or sink back nuts. (what is the best back nut spanner you can get.

Sponsored Links
are you sure of what ur saying

the back nuts screw the taps to the bath...nice and tight, so they dont move...then you fit the flexi to the tap and pipework

if the backnuts are as tight as they can be and the taps moving they ur either confused about which is the backnut or your a weakling...get your self down the gym

I do need to go to the gym though.
The back nuts are plastic, and bloody hard to get to, 1/4 turn at a time, but they are on tight, I have to get some one to stop the tap moving when i'm tightening them.

I might take of the flexi pipes and see if I can get right under, could I crack the sink though by over tighten the back nuts.

Sponsored Links
Get some brass backnuts while yer there ...................it'll be worthwhile :!:

I have the same problem - my bath tap also moves but I cant get round the bath to tighten it any more than i already have. Any advice please?

the best tool i have ever found for tightening any taps or bath/whb supplies is a monument whb wrench,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back