Leaking taps, can't access them.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am having trouble getting under the bath to tighten up the plastic nuts that hold the taps to the bath. Its a 3/4 bath and I can't get a adjustable spanner in as the space is far too tight to even get one to close round the nut. Its a big plastic nut not a standard tap nut so I can't use a tap wrench.

I wouldn't be suprised if the taps were put on the bath before it was fitted in as its only become apparent that it leaks when we put a shower in and the area around the taps gets pretty wet.

Is there a special tool to get into these really tight places? I did have some bike spanners that i thought would fit but they are too big.. its almost liek I need a spanner with a really short handle...... oh and the pipes are already attached so I need one thats open.

Stupid bath leaked as soon as we moved in so I have spend £££ on silicon to seal it but this is doing my head in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back