Tap spanner..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, just bought new basin and bath taps.

The basin is easy access but the bath is going to be a swine!.

I orignally fitted the taps to the bath before fitting the bath in due to how tight it is.

So I need a decent spanner for removing the flexible tap pipe connector (1/2 inch?) plus the tap base nut.

Any recomendations?, needs to be quite long by the look if it.

Taking bath out is not an option!.

Sponsored Links
https://www.toolstation.com/monumen...MIorqv0rGf4QIVmpntCh0_zgfaEAQYASABEgIWWfD_BwE

monument basin wrench.JPG

Sponsored Links
Found a set of Jaw Droppers for £45 (used once), they're on their way.

Look like a worth while investment!.

I recently had a similar issue, I had a new tap to fit to our ceramic sink.
There was not room for the above wrenches, all I could use was a box key.
Some old whitworth size, got one on ebay, had to file down the inside to get it to fit and was expecting to have to leave it on the flexy pipes as I didn't think I could get them off.
Luckily I did and it's now in that safe tool storage place where it may never be needed again :)

I recently had a similar issue, I had a new tap to fit to our ceramic sink.
There was not room for the above wrenches, all I could use was a box key.
Some old whitworth size, got one on ebay, had to file down the inside to get it to fit and was expecting to have to leave it on the flexy pipes as I didn't think I could get them off.
Luckily I did and it's now in that safe tool storage place where it may never be needed again :)

I've got and "emergency plumbing bucket", it's full of all sorts I've amassed over the years!.

Jaw droppers worked a treat, don't think I would have managed to do the bath taps in situ without them so money well spent!.

Put it all back together and did the sink taps. Checked for leaks and then noticed the cold tap handle isn't square!.

Probably take it back on Sunday for a replacement, don't fancy taking a brand new tap to bits..

20190402_074213.jpg
20190401_212608.jpg
20190401_212557.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back