Struggling to remove basin tap...

S

Sombrero

Changed the bath taps, no problem, came to remove the basin taps and the nut of the flexible connector is almost corroded onto the metal stem from the tap.

The gap is obviously really tight, and i've used a tap wrench, but the tap just turns, and i've got to the point now, where the tap wrench doesn't grip the nut anymore...

Any ideas gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
Have you got a small adjustable spanner that'll fit on the nut just enough
to grip and you can twist the tap slightly just to crack the nut.

Yeah yeah.. tut !!!... secure the nut, and twist the tap... thanks gents, i missed the obvious there!!!! i'll try that tomorrow... thank-you

Would a squirt of WD40 help?

Sponsored Links
The man at B&Q he speak with forked tongue to get you to fork out a tenner for another tool, methinks. Either tool would do the job.

What was he referring to when he said "It seems too big......." j-j-j-jiggle it a bit?

The man at B&Q he speak with forked tongue to get you to fork out a tenner for another tool, methinks. Either tool would do the job.

What was he referring to when he said "It seems too big......." j-j-j-jiggle it a bit?

No, to be fair, i have both tools already, and the adjustable thing is good for plastic nuts, but i now realise that if you crank the blue wrench at an angle, you can lock the nut and turn the tap... great science.. (the squirt of WD40 the night before may have helped), but the guy in B&Q saved me a small fortune.

UPDATE: Sink taps, sink waste, and bath waste all replaced, and water proof today !!

Quick update, right tool, and wd40 and all done in a couple of hours... very happy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back