Anyone recommend Visonic PowerMaster home alarm?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to upgrade my existing home alarm system that is 20+ years old. I had a local installer pop round who is strongly recommending installing the Visonic PowerMaster alarm system. Is this a reliable alarm system? Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with this alarm system?

I was researching on alarm systems and read good things about the Texecom Ricochet Premier alarm system. I did come across one installer who strongly recommended the Texecom system but he is putting a markup on each of the components of the alarm system which I think is very unreasonable.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
So you expect tradespeople to have no mark up?

Guessing you have never had your own business?

Rest assured it’s not as simple as price of goods plus profit = charge to customer.

When you buy something what is the process?

Deduce what’s needed
check availability
Purchase parts
Check delivery or check when collecting
Sort discrepancies
Sort any items that are clearly damaged

Just a few stages that are gone through which takes time and effort and resources which eats into the working day somewhere.

We sell products in several different ways
Spare parts, used gear, new gear, configured systems, installed systems. All have some kind of markup on them

Plumbers, sparkles, even hairdressers have a mark up on goods supplied as part of there services to name a few.

my company used to fit visonic powermax for a few years.. awful panel. tranformers forever burning out... had a tendency to lock up when you changed device batteries aswell. programming menu is as fiddly as f*** aswell..

thanks @TiredandGrumpyReally. I think I will keep away from the visonic.

I had another alarm installer who is recommending the Honeywell Galaxy G2 system. They propose a 12 zone Honeywell panel, also with 4 x wired PIRs (to replace my existing 20 year old wired PIRs) and two new wireless PIRs.

Is the Honeywell Galaxy G2 alarm system a good, reliable home alarm system?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back