Anyone see any issues with this consumer unit?

"I find it very difficult to work out from that photo what is going on with the neutrals."

I will second that.
Seems quite straight forward to me.

and
Yep. Also to the left of that wire it looks like there's 3 neutrals but only appears to be 2 lives in the B6 breaker, is that a mistake or just the photo angle?
Yes, there is one extra Neutral.

1714216513308.png

Sponsored Links
I'm not at home but I'm reasonably sure from memory, x goes to the right most y, from 1 rcd to the other.

Left most y is the shower, pretty sure we've established it needs moving to the right as shown with an orange line in my earlier picture.

Middle y is the same wire as left y above.

Sponsored Links

Hi all,

Back from a weekend away so I've had a chance to check a few things.

Firstly there are 3 lives in the left hand B6 for the lights so that matches with the 3 neutrals questioned earlier.

The neutrals from the main switch and between the rcds are as efli has marked in the quote above,

IMG_20240428_180124.jpg

In the image above,

The neutral marked orange goes to a terminal marked N,
The neutral marked red goes to another terminal marked N,
The neutral marked green goes to a terminal marked N2,
The neutral marked pink is from the right hand B40 and should be moved to the right of the neutral marked in blue,
The neutral marked blue is to a terminal marked N4.

Are the 4 neutrals going to N, N, N2 and N4 correct where they are or should N2 and N4 be going to N1 and N2 respectively, or does it not make a difference?

Thanks
Chris

The correct neutral wiring is shown in my diagram in post #18 and I think that is what you have so seems to be as it should be.

However, I am puzzled by N2 and N4; where are they marked as that?

The correct neutral wiring is shown in my diagram in post #18 and I think that is what you have so seems to be as it should be.

However, I am puzzled by N2 and N4; where are they marked as that?

They are marked on the blue labelling below the neutral bars, N2 is hidden by the left cable (marked green), it's the next marking to the right of the N1 you can see and N4 is hidden by the right most cable (marked blue)

N2 and N4 as they are labelled below the neutral bars are the 2 cables out of the bottom of the 2 rcd's respectively

They are marked on the blue labelling below the neutral bars, N2 is hidden by the left cable (marked green), it's the next marking to the right of the N1 you can see and N4 is hidden by the right most cable (marked blue)

N2 and N4 as they are labelled below the neutral bars are the 2 cables out of the bottom of the 2 rcd's respectively
Ah. Ok, thanks.

The numbers don't mean anything.

They are just for you to use if you want to - or to tear off and use the bar for something else.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back