Anyone Used Rolocs Before?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought one a few years ago from my local factor, but only just used it in anger. It's a 3M Roloc - a drill attachment, many uses but I used it for cleaning gasket mating surfaces. Helping a friend change the water pump on his Dolomite, the mating surface on the block was a mess due to someone combining a gasket with copious Hylomar.

Attached the Roloc to a drill flexi shaft (it can go directly into chuck of elec/air drill if space isn't an issue). About a minute later the gasket mess was gone and I had a shiny, clean mating surface ready for the new pump to go on. Otherwise it would normally have been ages of effort and cursing to scrape the old gasket off.

The Rolocs come in different grades, the one in link is safe on aluminium. The fingers are mildly abrasive, removing only gasket/sealant and no metal. Many other uses too - Stripping, blending, deburring, and finishing on aluminum, brass, bronze, carbon steel, cast iron, stainless steel, and other metals, etc

Sponsored Links
I haven't used them but I've looked at them before as I've spent many hours cleaning cylinder head faces where the headgasket goes that haven't needed a skim.

Sponsored Links
Back