Anything Unusual/Funny/Odd Happened To You Today Or At Another Time

Reaction score
Country
Palau
I jest you not.

I popped out to Screwfix for some screws. As I walked back to the Car a lady approached
and asked me in a very gentle voice if I knew where the 'chicken shop was.' I said there is not one here on the complex but across the road is a Big Mac and pointed towards it.

The lady then pointed towards Howdens store and said that a friend said there was a chicken shop here. I said they do kitchens etc. The lovely, gently spoken lady in her 30's I guess then pointed towards the Howdens logo and asked me why are they showing a picture of a chicken.
TBH, I was taken aback a bit and blurted out that it must be their logo. I'm quite aware of Howdens but myself have never noted the massive chicken above their name until then.

When I got home I told our daughter and her lol and thought I was joking. Ordinarily, I would have burst out LOL but the lady was so gentle/sincere/nice that I actually felt sorry for her.

Thinking back, there is a high street around the corner and possibly the sat nav bought here there but there are several chicken shops just around the corner from the little diy complex area.

Of everything that has happened to me, this is the oddest thing ever that I can recall atm.

dl-howden-joinery-group-howdens-kitchen-hardware-flooring-appliances-depot-sign-logo-ftse-250_620x350.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Back