Apollo 30si not igniting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lo,

Boiler wouldn't start initially as the fan had gone. Engineer replaced this but the boiler won't ignite. It sparks but doesn't light. Engineer thinks it may be the gas valve but before forking out 9n a new one I wondered if anyone has more experience with this ancient boiler.

Cheers

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
As it was working before the fan failure I would suggest that the gas valve is ok. A simple boiler, and your man should know how to fix it. What checks did he do, and how has he come to his conclusion?I've repaired many of these simple boilers.

As it was working before the fan failure I would suggest that the gas valve is ok. A simple boiler, and your man should know how to fix it. What checks did he do, and how has he come to his conclusion?I've repaired many of these simple boilers.

He was a youngish lad and didn't know the boiler at all - spent a lot of time talking to a BG engineer on the phone which didn't instil me with confidence. Sorted in the end after a lot of messing on, the pilot burner had got blocked - bit of a clean and all working! He was gas safe certified but guess not all engineers are created equally.

There's not many Apollos about nowadays, might have been the first time he'd seen one if he's young!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back