Apollo 50si

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone help.

I have an apollo 50 si boiler. the PCB and electrode lead have been changed twice over 6 months. The pilot is playing up again. It shuts off after about 5 minutes. When the PCB and electrode were changed in Feb 09 it has been working until now.

What could be the problem ?

Thanks to those who responded. What is an RGI and why is it that system was working until now.

Sponsored Links
Who decided the PCB needed changing twice in 6 months?

Might be worth getting someone in to look at it who knows what they are doing!

The problem is probably a gas-related issue which would need an RGI.

Some faults are harder to correct than others, but the boilers I can think of will keep the pilot on even if you rip the entire pcb out.
A bit more (precise) info about boiler, problem and such would not go amiss.

When the pilot drops out check the pilot solenoid on the gas valve for 240v if it there then its a faulty solenoid. easily changed.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help guys. What is an RGI and why was system working until now. Also it seems when i turn on hot water boiler is working. Only when heatign system is turned on wont work

Some faults are harder to correct than others, but the boilers I can think of will keep the pilot on even if you rip the entire pcb out.
A bit more (precise) info about boiler, problem and such would not go amiss.

The unit is an apollo 50SI. PCB has been changed twice. Pilot light comes on and then ignition switches off but is trying to ignite. the ignition is clicking but burners not coming on as burner is on but not firing up completely.

Does that help me ?

The unit is an apollo 50SI. PCB has been changed twice. Pilot light comes on and then ignition switches off but is trying to ignite. the ignition is clicking but burners not coming on as burner is on but not firing up completely. :eek:
:eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back