Apollo boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

I have a 20+central heating system with a Thorn EMI 30/50 boiler. When it first fires up it stays alight for approx 2 minutes the cuts out for about 30 seconds, relights for approx 10 seconds and cycles like this from then on.

It makes no difference if I change the thermostat from low to high nor does it matter if I select either heating or hot water or both.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

JD

Sponsored Links
sounds like a circulation problem perhaps the pump or even the heat exchanger these are a very basic boiler so ther is not a lot to go wrong anyway apart from the th/coupling and the overheat stat the only other thing could be the stat but i would not have gone for that i would try to turn up the pump making sure the system does not pump over the expansion tank

Sponsored Links
Thanks you two.

Gasmick2 - the Grunfos pump has three settings and has always been or the highest setting. Could there be an air lock somewhere and if so how could I deal with it?

TWGAS - No there is no fan, just a hole in the outside wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back