AppleTV - worth it? Getting one jailbroken?

Sponsored Links
Interesting you say that as somebody fly tipped a sofa near my house recently and the police said it wasn't a criminal offence. I contacted my local council who were superb and got rid of it the same day.

I'm not saying you're wrong my owd, I'm more annoyed with the politzei for passing the buck as usual.

I rang the police and they said it's not a crime and to phone my local council. Not really surprising.

A few years ago some kids came into my friends garden, helped themselves to some timber he had stored against his shed, and made themselves a skateboard ramp out on the pavement. My mate rang the police who came out reasonably quickly. The first thing they did was examine the boys for bruises to see if my mate had assaulted them (he hadn't gone near them). Then the police spoke to my friend saying 'we've had a word with these lads and they've promised to put the wood back when they've done with it.'

The words 'chocolate' and 'fireguard' come to mind.

Sponsored Links
I can only think, they were advising you of the best way to get it fixed. But clearly they were wrong in the use of words.

I rang the police and they said it's not a crime and to phone my local council. Not really surprising.

A few years ago some kids came into my friends garden, helped themselves to some timber he had stored against his shed, and made themselves a skateboard ramp out on the pavement. My mate rang the police who came out reasonably quickly. The first thing they did was examine the boys for bruises to see if my mate had assaulted them (he hadn't gone near them). Then the police spoke to my friend saying 'we've had a word with these lads and they've promised to put the wood back when they've done with it.'

The words 'chocolate' and 'fireguard' come to mind.

At least they went and spoke to the nasty kids. Did they at least offer to tuck him into bed?

You've missed the point completely you sanctimonious muppet. As I said, I'm doing nothing illegal by watching free streamed content and neither are they by avoiding corporation tax. It's just my morals you seem to be concerned about and not theirs. I can't understand why - they're losing absolutely no revenue from my actions because I don't and won't pay for Sky or Amazon prime. Ever. Anyway, I thought the righteous brothers had disappeared years ago - I obviously got that wrong too as you're still knocking around.

I caught it, but I thought it was a fallacious and moronic way of presenting the argument so I didn't chase it out. However, at your insistence:

You seem to be asserting that Google, while doing nothing illegal, are acting immorally/are in the wrong. Similarly, I've never actually accused you of doing anything illegal, I've just pointed out that you're acting immorally and are in the wrong. This seems to have poured a large amount of sand in your vagina.
I can forgive Google acting immorally for a few reasons; in doing so they undeniably provide a useful service to others and even if the government were to catch up legally and close the loopholes they exploit to avoid paying tax, the chances that it would end up as a sum of money providing more benefit to the likes of you and I than their general business activities do, is slim to none. When examining the shoe on the other foot; the pestilence that is you, ripping off decent people who create this entertainment stream you insist on stealing, I don't really find anything community beneficial about your activities. There's also a disconnection in your argument in the sense that the government provides the facilities for google to operate in business, it asks Google to pay taxes, but it also provides the mechanisms by which Google can pay less tax and Google avails itself of that. When we think about what you do; amazon/sky/whoever provides the content and asks you to pay for it, it does not provide the mechanism by which you acquire their content for less than they want you to pay; that's something you acquire by circumvention of their terms, not in compliance of them

If you didn't also feel you were in the wrong, you'd probably have shut up about it long ago. Please quit with your retarded argument of "they don't lose anything because I'd never pay for their services anyway" - if you wouldn't pay for X, why do you expect to consume it for free? Why do you not see that it takes time, and costs money to produce this content, and it's only fair and right that you pay for it in whatever manner asked (be that subscribing to the only channel that has it, buying the half price DVD box set a year later in HMV..)

Anything else, and let's face it - you're either freeloading scum, or you're so rich that you'd happily accept me taking the fruits of your day job's efforts and not rewarding you for it - you've given me the right to steal form you because a) you can afford it and b) I was never going to pay you for it anyway.

Last edited:
I'll reply to that when I get the time. Right now I have two just-released films and three box sets to get through and I'm still on a high after watching the West Ham v Tottenham match on Sky Sports.

And I've got 3 vehicles that I plan to take for MOT; I'm sure you'd be delighted to spend an hour of your time looking them over and issuing certs before letting me drive them away without paying you. That's sure to keep your electricity bill paid so you can carry on watching your bootlegged TV, and you can afford it; I'm sure everyone else you see today will pay your extortionate £50 to pull on the handbrake and press a couple of buttons so I'm well within my rights, yeah. I'll then get on the Internet and dish out advice to others as to where they can get free MOTs too, and you'll just carry on serving up those free certs with a smile and and thanks and a "see you next year!". You're a real brick, Winker.

Don't bother replying; I've every right to voice the opinion that your hypocritical freeloading scum and, deep down, you know I'm right - you just steal this aspect of your life because you can get away with it with minimal risk of penalty

I'm going to write a book about this. But only in paperback so you can't download it illegally and all have a hissyfit over it.

don't worry. google will scan it and make it available as a community service for free. they are good like that. taking other companies IP, yeah they've done plenty of that too

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back