appliances

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the past week I have lost both my tv and dvd player and dont know why. Unplugged tv to decorate plugged it back in and no power. Turned of dvd at power last night went to turn back on this am no power. These were both attached to same power socket via a gang plug, other items still working off this and I have checked the fuses in both appliances, is this a coincidence or do i have a problem with my electrics?

Sponsored Links
Probably coincidence.

If there was a problem with the electrical supply to your house severe enough to cause damage to a TV and DVD player, then plenty of other things would have been destroyed as well, including items in your neighbour's homes.

If the defective items had been left on for an extended period of time (such as as days/weeks), it is possible that switching them off was the cause of the failure - certain components which were working when hot will have cooled, and now they have cooled no longer function properly or at all.

Have you tried the tv or dvd directly in the outlet and directly in another outlet. If they still dont work they're off to the recycling centre i think.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help guys yes i have tried both items individually to know avail and to be honest I had hoped out of the 2 it was coincidence. Both items ar around 5 years old and are probably past there best so as you say off to the recyclers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back