Applied for lawful development & the Council have put on their site for public inspection, can I make any changes or do i need to start the process ag

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to make an amendment where I clad one of the walls, can I amend my existing application now it is on the Council website for public inspection or do i need to start again?

Sponsored Links
I thought permitted development required any extension to be of matching material?

So if you are straying from that it may not be matching anymore.

I didn’t realise lawful development had a public consultation period.

Why not just ask the planning officer assigned to the case...in reality it will be them that decides everything and normally they are very helpful. Just ask not tell. Eg the last house we renovated we wanted to get shot of the patched up pebble dash, on the planning officers advice we added insulation as the reason rather than aesthetics, condition to keep original facing removed.

You can make an amendment but don't leave it too late. Your approval will only be applicable for what you apply for.

Sponsored Links
This is not an application for permission, there are no ammendments or material alterations etc.

The OP is asking "is this lawful, yes or no? " and presenting the information to assess.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back