Applying matt paint to an interior wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have painted a wall in my bedroom (which was in good condition before I started) with a matt paint using a medium pile roller. The paint has dried very unevenly and when you catch the light on the wall, it's almost like you can see the roller lines (I rollered in all directions, not just up and down). Does anyone have any advice as the other paints walls seem to be very even (I didn't paint those!! :confused: )

I'd appreciate your advice.

Sponsored Links
Jane S said:
Hi

I have painted a wall in my bedroom (which was in good condition before I started) with a matt paint using a medium pile roller. The paint has dried very unevenly and when you catch the light on the wall, it's almost like you can see the roller lines (I rollered in all directions, not just up and down). Does anyone have any advice as the other paints walls seem to be very even (I didn't paint those!! :confused: )

I'd appreciate your advice.

When you say you can see roller lines, do you mean lines of extra thick paint. If so, you probably need to do a few more strokes with each load of paint to even them out before reloading. I'm an amateur, and tend to spread on paint quite thin to get an even finish. I probably end up having to put on one more coat than a professional, but the finish is very good even if I say so myself. :)

If it is lines between well-painted wall, and bits of the wall through which you can see the old paint, you may just need another coat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back