Bit of a painting nightmare, please help...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Decided to do some painting this weekend while watching the olympics.

On rollering the wall the top layer of plasterboard appears to have lifted off, leaving a couple of large and very unsighlty holes in the surface. I might of used too much paint on the roller and sucked the layer off. Does this sound probable? I was using a medium pile woven roller with Dulux matt emulsion.

The plasterboards do not appear to have been skimmed and then paint just slapped straight on, is this common on new builds?

So, how can I repair the damage and then when repaired, what roller should I use?

Thanks for your help and advice. Cheers Si

Sponsored Links
soo your saying the roller has become stuck to the plasterboard paper? :LOL: case of too much olympication.. Repair holes with easifill or polyfilla depending on extent of damage. Touch up the repaired areas with a thinned coat of emulsion. Sounds like the emulsion was too thick in the first place? The old surface may be porous? thin your emulsion by about 10% you may find it will go on easier and flow out more so roller wont stick..carry on with same roller.

good luck.

Thanks for your reply and help confidentincompetent.

Think you may be right, it was when the cycling was on!! So not the end of the world then. Will do as you say.

All the best Si

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back