Approx costs for small dormer rennovation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have a small dormer approx 2.5 metres wide similar height, with a sloping flat felted roof. The exterior is painted wood weather board which is on each side of the dormer and on the front around the main window. The boarding is looking pretty tired now so I am looking to get the weather board replaced with tiles and the roof re-felted plus new guttering. The house is a chalet bungalow and the dormer extends out from the main roof. Would you be able to provide some approx idea as what this is likely to cost me? Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Hi, not asking for a quote here, just a basic idea of what I might expect the costs to look like before i start getting quotes in.

Thanks

Hi all, I have a small dormer approx 2.5 metres wide similar height, with a sloping flat felted roof. The exterior is painted wood weather board which is on each side of the dormer and on the front around the main window. The boarding is looking pretty tired now so I am looking to get the weather board replaced with tiles and the roof re-felted plus new guttering. The house is a chalet bungalow and the dormer extends out from the main roof. Would you be able to provide some approx idea as what this is likely to cost me? Many thanks in advance.
very hard to put a figure on it as it involves quite a few elements.

so we are talking of:

scaffolding
removal of existing + skip costs
probably requires upgraded insulation
maybe new roof deck boards
replacement flat roof in say EPDM
maybe new soakers and lead flashing to sides
vertical tile hanging
new guttering

I would guess at more than £5k, less than £10k

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for this, much appreciated, gives me an idea of what to expect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back