Approx price for clutch replacement in Chev Lacetti Estate

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Clutch is burning, will need replacing soon, but no cash at the moment so don't want to rush to a garage if it's going to cost a bomb. About how much should I expect to pay for parts and labour?

2005 Chev Lacetti Estate

Also need to consider if it is worth it. It's been a great car ...

Sponsored Links
I would expect to pay somewhere between £80 to £120 for the parts, depending on manufacturer/supplier etc.
Maybe £200 t0 £250 for fitting?
So, £350ish.
Places like this will give you a rough idea.

Are they the same as the old Cavaliers where you can replace the clutch without removing the 'box by pulling the first motion shaft out of the back of the 'box?

Are they the same as the old Cavaliers where you can replace the clutch without removing the 'box by pulling the first motion shaft out of the back of the 'box?
I don't think they are the same gearbox. It's pretty much an Astra engine and box but I'm pretty sure the shaft only pulled out on the four speed boxes.

Sponsored Links
I’ve definitely done five speed boxes by pulling the shaft out including one on my SRI Cavalier.

I’ve definitely done five speed boxes by pulling the shaft out including one on my SRI Cavalier.
It'll be 25 years since I've done one so, maybe the old brain cells are failing me :)

I would expect to pay somewhere between £80 to £120 for the parts, depending on manufacturer/supplier etc.
Maybe £200 t0 £250 for fitting?
So, £350ish.
Places like this will give you a rough idea.

Thanks, I like that website! Came out at £370, will see if the local clutch garage says similar.

It was only the "early" Astras/Cavaliers etc where the clutch could be changed without dropping the gearbox. IIRC in around 1994 the flywheel was changed from a "flat" flywheel to a "pot" flywheel, and that prevented getting the clutch out without dropping the box.

As far as the original question goes, find a good independent garage in your local area and ask how much to a) supply and fit a new clutch and b) fit only. You can then decide whether or not to drive to Euro Car Parts to buy the clutch kit or let them do it all.

Sponsored Links
Back