Aqualisa A2.BV.O1 Digital Shower no hot water!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,

Wonder if someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

I installed an Aqualisa Digital shower in 2005 and it has worked fine up to today when it won't give me any hot water!

Everything seems to work ok, it's pumping and the pressure is good, there is hot water in the supply pipe but the flashing LED on the wall control never goes to a solid colour.

Anybody able to assist please?

Thanks

Jim

Sponsored Links
Undo hot connection on mixer/pump module.

Check filter isn't blocked and check HW not airlocked.

If there is no problem here you need a new module, it has been replaced by Aqualisa recently but is backwards compatible.

NB: In the trade we often take out pumped modules when converting to mains pressure......I always advise my customers to put them on ebay. There are often some about with possibly a few more years life left.

Have you tried 're-setting' the unit?. Turn off the power for 2 mins or so. When you switch back on you should hear a couple of seconds of whirring from the digi-mixer.

Has worked for me once or twice.

Mind, have since had a new digi-mixer fitted by maunfacturer - no quibble.

DH

Alas, just tried both of your tips but it's still running cold.

It's only used in a guest bedroom so although I put it in in 2005 it can't have ben used more than 30 times.

Now I know when I bought it, I know where and I know I registered it with aqualisa but can't find the receipt! hope the might honour the guarantee otherwise this is going to be expensive!

Sponsored Links
Did you get HW from the pipework with the module removed?

Yes I did, and strangely with the shower running and although only cold water comes out the hot pipe got hot as if there was flow there.

OK, it is time for a new module.

Try Aqualisa in Westerham first, as these are meant to have 5yrs support on them. Aqualisa support is very good, BTW.

Okay, thanks for your help though :)

another trick to tryis the temp sensor in the module the 2 black wires with small plug with a friend switching on disconnect systems stops reconnect and switch on again took couple attemps but worked.

Hi everyone, I wanted to add to this very old post as I had this exact problem and read everything posted in numerous sites and eventually sorted the problem and thought my experience and methods may help someone else.

Recap of problem: installed about 6 years ago, best shower ever, I have aqualisa in both bathrooms and have had them in the last 3 houses since 1996 and never a problem.

Took a shower, switched water off between soaping and that, switched back on to find no hot water coming through and blue light flashing, left me very mad and very soapy!

Tried to research the answer, this site had exactly my issue but not the final solution for me.

First stage - ensure you have not turned off any water supply then Try turning on and off at the mains several times - no effect for me but I understand this has worked

Second stage - remove the on off dial module, remove, dry and clean the black socket, replace and turn on - no effect for me but understand this has worked

Third stage - remove shower head from hose and allow to dangle in bath or shower tray, go to the pump processor in the loft and shut off the cold water isolation valve on the cold water.
Turn the temp selector to fully hot and press on button, initially a few litres of water will come out but the pump noise will change and the water flow tends to stop. VERY IMPORTANT NOW TURN IT OFF. Do not let the pump run dry or I repairable damage will occur. Allow the processor to stand for a while and if close you may hear the processor recharging itself, then turn the isolation valve for the cold water back on.
Turn the temp selector to mid way hot then switch on.

This action worked for me and I assumed here was some form of air lock or pump malfunction.

I hope this works for others.

Aqualisa showers rock!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back