Aqualisa Quartz Digital shower not working at all

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've got an Aqualisa quartz digital shower which was fine for four years until a couple of days ago.

I had been on holiday so it hadn't been used for a week, when I press the start button nothing happens at all, no light or water flow.

I have been up in the loft and checked the fuse on the switched spur and also on the circuit breaker between the spur an the processor unit, both are fine. The only sign of life at all is when pressing the test button on the breaker the boost light on the shower comes on, but only for a second then as soon as I take my finger off the test button on the breaker it goes out again. Also the processor unit whirrs for a second as if it is trying to start up, but then stops again.

Any ideas? I'm not even sure this should be on here and not on the electrical forum instead?

Sponsored Links
phone the aquilisa as these showers have a 5 Year Manufacturer's Guarantee

I've done that but they weren't any help. They won't accept the warranty as I don't have the receipt (it wasn't bought by me) and couldn't suggest anything that might solve the problem.

Sorted! It looks like it was an airlokc, nothing a wire coathanger couldn't sort out. A quick wigle round, up in the loft to 'reboot' for a few minutes and hey presto!

Sponsored Links
Sorted! It looks like it was an airlokc, nothing a wire coathanger couldn't sort out. A quick wigle round, up in the loft to 'reboot' for a few minutes and hey presto!

and where did you stick the coat hanger ? :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back