Aqualisa Quartz (Pumped or Umpumped)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Quick question please. I have an Unvented High pressure system in my house (megaflo) and in the process of updating bathroom.

I plan to install an Aqualisa Quartz digital shower (integrated into a Kudos Ultimate walk in enclosure) .

If I buy the enclosure with the PUMPED version of the Quartz (as I have found one for sale at a good discount off the RRP £1900.00!!! ) will I just be able to use it as unpumped or are they completley different control boxes for pumped/unpumped.

Hope this makes as if I can buy this version with the pumped quartz I can save a packet!!!

Sponsored Links
Hi Seco

Thanks for the reply.
I know that it must be unpumped for the megaflo but need to know if I buy the pumped version of the Quartz (which a can get for a very good discount) can the pump be 'disabled' or is this imposible due to the design etc. In which case I will have to buy the Unpumped.

Thanks

they are two different units altogether and if you start pulling them apart that your 5 yr warranty up the swany.

you need to get the unpumped version.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Seco.

Do you know if Aqualisa just sell the unpumped control box for the quartz? If so do you think it would be feasible to still buy the pumped system and then buy just the unpumped control box and use that?

Sorry about this as it looks sound like I am being stupid but to buy a brand new unpumped Quartz Kudos 1400mm Ultimate Walk in the best price I have found is approx £1530.00. But I can get the pumped version for less than half that cost (£600.00) so if i can make this 'work' even if I have to buy another control box it makes financial sense?

JON

im not sure if they will sell the unit on its own, as i have only ever had a box change under warranty.
no harm in asking. as i surpose they must sell the unit on its own to people who have this shower and the unit has run out off warranty and their shower has gone wrong.

then sell your pumped unit on fleebay

You can buy the new universal processor retrospectively direct from Aqualisa for around £380. This has no pump in it and is a different design, but compatible to the old quartz equipment.

If you have the newest version of Quartz in your cubicle you may be able to take the pump out, I suggest you call aqualisa in Westerham, very helpful.

Thanks Seco.

Do you know if Aqualisa just sell the unpumped control box for the quartz? If so do you think it would be feasible to still buy the pumped system and then buy just the unpumped control box and use that?

Sorry about this as it looks sound like I am being stupid but to buy a brand new unpumped Quartz Kudos 1400mm Ultimate Walk in the best price I have found is approx £1530.00. But I can get the pumped version for less than half that cost (£600.00) so if i can make this 'work' even if I have to buy another control box it makes financial sense?

JON

Hi, i have an tank fed water system, where have you seen this offer as it could be just what i need!
thanks
[/b][/i]

Thanks to Simond.

I phoned Aqualisa (very helpful) and they said I do need to buy a new unpumped Quartz unit. They said it would cost £225.00 (inc VAT ) and they can ship to me directly next day included in that cost. They also said that that I do not need to buy the unpumped switch unit either (the one with no boost button) apparenty according to Aqualisa the 'new' standard control unit does offer a boost function when the button is pressed.

Anyhow pretty pleased as bought a Kudos Ultimate 1400mm corner walk in with the pumped quartz shower for £620.00 (best price i found locally was £1500.00 !) plus £225.00 to buy a standard control unit. (I can now sell the pumped Quartz control unit)

Thanks JON

ok-wink.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back