Aqualisa shower not the best for Unvented Megalo Cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Forum,

We are soon having our new hotwater and heating changed. We are going to have Worcester System boiler + Megalo 210 litres and would like to have Aqualisa shower installer. However, our bathroom supplier said that Aqualisa shower is not the best for unvented system because Aqualisa has plastic carritriage which is not as good at handling pressurised water as a metal cartrige would. He was recommending Ghohe (a German make). We have been using Aqualisa for many years and happy with its performance but NOT with the new unvented system. Could we please have your view

Also I read in this forum that Megaflo HE comes with 25 years guaranttee. My plumber supplies this, what can I ask him to see what type he is installing.

Thanks again for your advice

Sponsored Links
Don't understand the Megaflo question, what is it you expect to see? Nearly all unvented cylinders now come with a 25yr warranty on the shell; megaflo like all others expect to see an annual inspection record before they replace a cylinder.

I would not fit a megaflo; the internal expansion bubble deteriorates over time needing replenishment and a drain down, and the build quality consistency has been behind many of its competitors, who unlike Heatrae Sadia produce cylinders for the World market rather than the UK.

Some years ago Aqualisa had a problem with some plastic bodied mixer valves which was quickly resolved. I would have no qualms in fitting their product, which is well supported within their (long) warranty period. It is made in Kent too, just down the road from our base.

G'morning Simon

Thanks for your response - much appreciated. Outside Megalo, can you please give a few other makes name that provide unvented system
Best

Don't understand the Megaflo question, what is it you expect to see? Nearly all unvented cylinders now come with a 25yr warranty on the shell; megaflo like all others expect to see an annual inspection record before they replace a cylinder.

I would not fit a megaflo; the internal expansion bubble deteriorates over time needing replenishment and a drain down, and the build quality consistency has been behind many of its competitors, who unlike Heatrae Sadia produce cylinders for the World market rather than the UK.

Some years ago Aqualisa had a problem with some plastic bodied mixer valves which was quickly resolved. I would have no qualms in fitting their product, which is well supported within their (long) warranty period. It is made in Kent too, just down the road from our base.

Sponsored Links
Range/Copperform (same cylinder) are a good budget buy. Ariston Primo also.

Vaillant uniSTOR is a nice German product at a slightly lower price point than Megaflo.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back