Aqualisa shower problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help ?
I have a Aqualisa gravity fed shower system with the pump etc located in my loft. It's recently started to mess up the hot water where no water comes out of any of the hot water taps in the house. It happens when I turn the shower on and the water comes through the shower head but then stops and the pump starts to make a funny noise. When this happens, all the hot taps in the house seem to stop. The water comes out then spurts for a while then nothing at all. After a day or so of having no hot water, it seems to come back however, I'm reluctant to use the shower at the moment as it's obviously causing this problem. Does anybody have any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
Have you checked the cold water storage cistern to make sure it’s filling back up properly and to a decent amount (eg not trickling in)? If the float valve is slow filling this would certainly cause you the problems you’re describing.

I have had the similar issue that's taking me over 2 years to figure out. Our Aqualisa Quartz shower would randomly stop jetting out water. We had a Aqualisa look at it and they diagnosed an air lock in our plumbing system and told us to do various things with the shower head and mixer tap to get the water running again. Even a plumber said it was an airlock. Both were wrong!

The issue was our cold water tank was not filling up fast enough and our float valve was faulty and replacing it fixes the issue. So if you have a tank in the loft and have water issues with an Aqualisa Quartz shower check the tank in your loft is filling up quicker then your using it.

Sponsored Links
I have had the similar issue that's taking me over 2 years to figure out. Our Aqualisa Quartz shower would randomly stop jetting out water. We had a Aqualisa look at it and they diagnosed an air lock in our plumbing system and told us to do various things with the shower head and mixer tap to get the water running again. Even a plumber said it was an airlock. Both were wrong!

The issue was our cold water tank was not filling up fast enough and our float valve was faulty and replacing it fixes the issue. So if you have a tank in the loft and have water issues with an Aqualisa Quartz shower check the tank in your loft is filling up quicker then your using it.

you mean as described by CBW a year ago?

Have you checked the cold water storage cistern to make sure it’s filling back up properly and to a decent amount (eg not trickling in)? If the float valve is slow filling this would certainly cause you the problems you’re describing.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back