aqualisa shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
has anyone managed to stop an aqualisa shower from dripping, mine has a steady drip it is a thermostatic grey inner cartridge at 100 quid for a new one!it looks like a sealed unit does it come to bits , or can i get a cheaper replacement anywhere? thanx skint and knackered!

Sponsored Links
Dear skint and worn out, we have got one of them and had it changed some time ago, (faulty)it was refered to as a "cartridge" the bloke from Aqualisa changed the whole thing, saying that is what they do (as opposed to fixing it)so it looks like the answer is no.

That said as our was under waranty i never touched it, does it have any visible means of securing i.e. screws or clips? if it does perhaps you could take it apart and see what is worn?

D.J

thanx dj i didnt bother to rive it apart as there is no way of isolating the mixer from the rest of the water supply and as inevitably happens when i touch anything i will need a new one afterwards i dont think her indoors would be too chuffed with the water being off for the duration i have seen no info on one being taken to bits n the net if its straight forward seals etc no problemo but i suspect its a ceramic disc inside p.s my mate(dave) says bung it in a pan full of kettle descaler to maybe shift some of the limescale inside . ta for replying i must be courageous and let rip and have it to bits ... wish me luck!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back