Aqualisa shower dripping...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got an Aqualisa Midas 100 shower.
Its only been in place about 18 months, and has developed an annoying habit of continuing to shed a few drips every minute or so for several hours after being turned off. Because its under warranty I rang Aqualisa and the chap insisted that what I needed was a new cartridge, so he sent me one by return post. I fitted it, but it hasn't made much, if any difference.
Is there another washer or valve somewhere in the shower body that I should be looking at replacing to cure this problem?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
My aqua Lisa shower has the same problem so would also be interested in solutions to this. The shower is from the 'Rise' range of showers. Shower is fed from stored hot water, and there is a power box in the loft with water connections to it.

My aqua Lisa shower has the same problem so would also be interested in solutions to this. The shower is from the 'Rise' range of showers. Shower is fed from stored hot water, and there is a power box in the loft with water connections to it.

Your shower is from the digital range, totally different from midas 100.

Sorry to hijack, but are Aqualisa digital rise showers considered any good?

think its under 5 years. Was in the house when we moved in. Just wondered as I hear them mentioned quite a bit on here. Haven't noticed anything special about it myself apart from letting you know when the temp is right! And the boost button doesn't seem to do anything!

Speedy, just a word of warning: if you ring Aqualisa to have your shower repaired under warranty they might ask you for proof of purchase, so I hope the previous owners of the house left you some paperwork.

Hi there,

With a dripping shower head, the first thing to check is normally the head and hose just to make sure that it’s not water retention dripping out. Remove the head and hose and then check to see if it drips from the bottom of the shower valve. If there is no drip from the bottom of the valve then it is most likely water retention in the head and hose. If this is the case, we would recommend descaling the head with a vegetable based descalent, something like Viakal or Limelite. It may be worth lowering the head when he is finished showering just to dump the water out.

Next thing is to check the water system pressure is not excessive. If you are on an unvented high pressure system, something like a Megaflow (pressurised cylinder in the airing cupboard), these systems normally require that you reset the pressure every four to six months, and you should call the boiler manufacturer for this. You will normally find that when the pressure is reset, the drip will stop. If on a Combi boiler, it would also be worth checking the mains pressure is not excessive, if the pressure is excessive, we would recommend fitting a pressure reducing valve to limit the pressure to 3 or 4 Bar.

Normally if the above two points are not the issue, it would normally mean that the cartridge needs replacing, which I see you’ve already done. If this is the case, we would recommend a service visit from an Aqualisa service engineer.

Hope this helps, if the drips continues, then please call our customer service team again on 01959 560010.

Thank you very much for that, Aqualisa.
Possibly water retention, but it seems odd to me that the shower tends to spew out a few more drops when you open and close the basin taps, which suggests that there's some pressure in the mixer even when the valve is turned off. But I'll check the outlet without the hose connected and find out for sure, and if it doesn't leak, introduce some Viakal into the hose and head then see how that goes. Must admit I have from time to time taken the head down and let the water drain out rather than stand there drying off and listening to the shower dripping, but it's not an easy task for other members of the household to do the same.

If all else fails I'll give you a call. Your input is much appreciated. :0)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back