Aqualisa Shower constant dripping.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an Aqualisa Colt concealed shower which constantly drips from the shower head - not alot but enough that I want to get it sorted.

I'm new to plumbing and want to learn how to do things - so I am going to try to sort it out myself.

Any ideas on where to start - would it be a new cartridge or a washer etc...

Any ideas would be very helpful!

Cheers

Will

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I had a similar problem with an Aqualisa Midas 100.
Depending on the age of your shower Aqualisa may replace the cartridge under warranty, but try removing the shower hose first (with the valve turned off, of course) to see whether there is actually any leak from the outlet before going to the potential expense of buying a cartridge. These things can retain quite a lot of water in the head after use and may continue to drip for several hours even though there isn't actually any leak.

See this: //www.diynot.com/forums/plumbing/aqualisa-shower-dripping.343409/

I have a aqualisa shower and both times it's been leaking from the shower head its been a new cartridge,bought of eBay,with three teenage girls the shower gets plenty of use so probably why it's had two in 7 years

Hi billbeaumont,

I’m sorry to hear of the problems you are having with your Aqualisa Colt.

It does sound as though the seals inside the cartridge have broken down and the cartridge will need to be replaced.

We do produce a screw pack that contains the external seals to order this you will need to contact the customer service department on 01959 560010. You are welcome to try this option, however, if the internal seals have perished you will need to replace the whole cartridge.

The cartridge will come with full fitting instructions and it’s not a difficult job, although, changing the o ring can be a little fiddly and you will need to isolate the water. We can arrange an engineer to change this for you if you prefer for a call out fee, and again this can be arranged by calling us on the number above.

I have noted the part numbers and prices below. I would recommend replacing like for like with what you already have installed:

Grey Thermostatic Cartridge – 022801 – £111.52 inc vat;
Pink Thermostatic Cartridge(for combi boilers) – 022802 – £111.52 inc vat;
Blue Manual Cartridge – 022804 – £62.44 Inc vat.

These parts can be purchased online parts store at www.aqualisa.co.uk or through our customer service department. There is a £1 post and packaging fee and you will receive a 2 year warranty on the part.

If the shower is in warranty we can do one of two things.

We can send you the part free of charge part with full fitting instructions to do this please reply with your preferred delivery address and attach a copy of your proof of purchase. We can then send the part first class royal mail. Alternately we can arrange a service call, due to our live booking system this must be done over the phone please call us on 01959 560010.

Thanks,
Lucy at Aqualisa

Hi we are on our 2nd cartridge. Same problem with water constantly dripping. Also when shower is turned off its still making a noise as if its on running. If its either the outer seals or the seals inside the cartridge how would you know which it is. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back